This important documentary was made in 2004 but if you have ever wondered what Fox News is like and why its ‘journalism’ is so reviled this is your chance to discover what all the fuss was about.
Given his political influence and ability to bend politicians, particularly on the right to his will, this is what could happen to Sky News in the UK if Rupert Murdoch’s long term plan to own the broadcaster outright is ever allowed to happen.
© MoveON.Org / Brave New Films
From the website:
“Outfoxed” examines how media empires, led by Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News, have been running a “race to the bottom” in television news. This film provides an in-depth look at Fox News and the dangers of ever-enlarging corporations taking control of the public’s right to know.
The film explores Murdoch’s burgeoning kingdom and the impact on society when a broad swath of media is controlled by one person.
Media experts, including Jeff Cohen (FAIR) Bob McChesney (Free Press), Chellie Pingree (Common Cause), Jeff Chester (Center for Digital Democracy) and David Brock (Media Matters) provide context and guidance for the story of Fox News and its effect on society.
This documentary also reveals the secrets of Former Fox news producers, reporters, bookers and writers who expose what it’s like to work for Fox News. These former Fox employees talk about how they were forced to push a “right-wing” point of view or risk their jobs. Some have even chosen to remain anonymous in order to protect their current livelihoods. As one employee said “There’s no sense of integrity as far as having a line that can’t be crossed.”
Director/Producer Robert Greenwald has produced and/or directed 53 television movies, miniseries and features. He is the director of Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers, Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price, Uncovered: The Iraq War and the Executive Producer of the UN series – Unprecedented, Uncovered and Unconstitutional. His new media company, Brave New Films, recently distributed The Big Buy: Tom DeLay’s Stolen Congress and produced two new TV series – the “ACLU Freedom Files” and “The Sierra Club Chronicles” – which can be seen on Link TV and via the internet.
Running Time: 77 minutes
Visit http://www.outfoxed.org/ for background information about the documentary.
Vimeo link https://vimeo.com/24935369
- Fox News hates the US constitution (video)
- If Fox News is “tired of hearing about racism in America”, imagine what it must feel like to be on the receiving end! (video)
- Fox News’ panic machine is turned all the way up to 11 over Ebola (video)
- Irrational Debate And A Misinformed Public: Things We Don’t Have To Learn From America(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC
- Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? (Revised and updated) (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Update: Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? Part 2
- Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? Part 3
- Proof Beyond Reason – For Eurosceptics Is There Any Amount of Evidence That Would Be Enough?