Louise Mensch cannot bear being out of the limelight – I suspect that, without the oxygen of regular media appearances, she may be on the verge of losing her mental stability. Since she resigned her seat as an MP (a seat she looked certain to lose in 2015) and moved to the US she has taken every opportunity to crowbar herself on to British TV to spout off on any subject that she has heard about on Fox News. After you have watched the clip of her espousing doctrinal nonsense about the Occupy London protestors you may find yourself asking, as this observer does,….
…what is the point of Louise Mensch?
Video & Text Uploaded on 24 Oct 2011 by Stax68
Tory MP Louise Mensch trots out a particularly lame criticism of the Occupy LSX protestors, based on their buying coffee from Starbucks, cos they’re supposedly ‘anti-capitalist’ but Starbucks is, like, a big company. A variant of the “why don’t you f*** off to Russia then” gambit.
(From Have I Got a Bit More News for You – Series 42 – Episode 2 – team captains Paul Merton and Ian Hislop, guest host Alexander Armstrong, guest panelists Danny Baker and Louise Mensch. First broadcast BBC One, 10:25PM Sun, 23 Oct 2011)
Video & Text Uploaded on 29 Oct 2011 by Stax68
Jeremy Hardy on the News Quiz responds to facile remarks about the Occupy LSX protestors drinking Starbucks coffee made (the remarks, not the coffee) by Louise Mensch on Have I Got News for You.
(From BBC Radio 4’s The News Quiz, Fri, 28 Oct 11: Cuts, Conservative Revolts, and Charity Shops. In the week that a Greek bailout deal was agreed; David Cameron found his backbenchers revolting; and Mary Portas took on the high street’s charity shops, Sandi Toksvig presents Radio 4’s perennially popular topical quiz, with panellists including Jeremy Hardy, Fred Macaulay and Susan Calman. Neil Sleat reads the news. Produced by Victoria Lloyd.)
- Louise Mensch – the gaffe prone social media gift that keeps on giving
- What does sex education in American schools look like? (Jon Oliver) (video)
- Is Greville Janner faking dementia to avoid child rape prosecution? (audio)
- Iain Duncan Smith’s explosive row with LBC’s James O’Brien
- James O’Brien shows UKIP supporters why facts matter
- The Maria Miller scandal: Exes, lies and damning tapes
- David Cameron let’s the cat out of the bag about Maria Miller
- Iain Duncan Smith: “On time and on budget” just one more lie from a man who has lied to the public for years (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Iain Duncan Smith and Esther McVey sneer, laugh and then vanish as commons debates why Britain’s desperate poor are forced to use food banks
- Public Accounts Committee says Iain Duncan Smith’s Universal Credit project is guilty of “shocking failures in management” and is an “unmitigated disaster” (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- World At One: Embarrassing DEFRA Report on Food Banks Finally Released
- Wealth inequality and other things we don’t have to learn from America
- Capitalism: serving God and Mammon?
- Royal Mail privatisation – Vince Cable’s epic fail
- Support for the Nazis and Andrew Wakefield, spurious and dangerous health ‘advice’, misogyny, racism and anti-Semitism. When is Paul Dacre going to apologise to the British people for the Daily Mail?
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester
- Newsnight 6 Jan 2014: Conservative party double down on their war on the poor
- Iain Duncan Smith’s DWP forcing jobseekers to use government website riddled with fraudulent job ads
- Fergus Wilson: This is what happens when welfare is withdrawn and unregulated scumbag landlords are allowed to dictate which of us deserves a home
- The publication of the Rochdale child sex abuse report replaces the “culture of hopelessness” with the the more familiar culture of passing the buck
- If you thought that 1,700 applications for 8 coffee shop jobs was bad you ain’t seen nothing yet!(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)