Rochdale council, Greater Manchester Police and fifteen other agencies failed to protect the children of Rochdale from torture and rape and yet, as you can see in the report, the GMP continues to blame the abused. GMP’s chief constable at the time , Sir Peter Fahy, says that he is not ashamed that his untrained detectives failed to report allegations of rape as crimes. Instead he told Channel 4 News today that he has “every sympathy for the officers” involved in the case. Earlier he told the BBC that the girls “did not recognise themselves as victims” and that there were “weaknesses in social services” but absolutely fails to accept responsibility for the GMP’s role in this shameful event.
Meanwhile the children who suffered at the hands of the depraved paedophiles have lost their childhood, their education and have little chance of leading normal lives. Some have been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) but despite the horrors that they have been through the actions of the councils and police service have left them isolated and without proper after care or support. To hear just how badly these child victims were treated by those purporting to be their protectors listen to this investigation by Radio 4’s File on 4 from March:
If you think that those responsible for these atrocious failings have been summarily dismissed or at least did the honourable thing and resigned – think again. In an all too familiar outcome, those operating at the highest levels who should take responsibility for their failure to protect defenceless children from sexual exploitation by predatory paedophiles are being allowed to retain their positions (and associated six figure salaries and benefits). As you can see in my post from July this dishonourable practice is happening across the country. Our child protection services seem to be filled with incompetent and dishonourable vermin who for all the protection they provide are little better than the paedophiles themselves.
As of today, Joanna Simons remains in post as the CEO of Oxfordshire County Council, even though she was criticised for failing the children of Oxford and accepted that she had responsibility for not listening to the victims. Similarly, Sara Thornton, Chief Constable of Thames Valley Police refused to resign for her part in allowing the abuse to continue by failing to investigate accusations made to the police by victims of abuse.
Lack of responsibility and dishonourably clinging-on to their positions. It is time that we demanded that these people are removed from office; they have failed and our children are suffering every day with the consequences of those failures.
NSPCC http://www.nspcc.org.uk/ Tel: 0808 800 5000
The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) http://www.ceop.police.uk/ Telephone: +44 (0)870 000 3344 or 999 in an emergency
*There is help available for adult survivors of childhood abuse online however I am not in a position to highlight any individual organisation
About the Jillings Report:
Published on 8 Jul 2013
A report written 17 years ago, has finally been published, identifying long-term “extensive” abuse at children’s homes in north Wales during the 1970s through to the 1990s.
Abuse allegations at several children’s homes, including the former Bryn Estyn home in Wrexham, emerged in the 1990s. An inquiry by John Jillings was carried out in 1996 but shelved due to fears there would be compensation claims.
The 300-page report was initially written in 1996 after it was commissioned by the former Clwyd County Council, which covered the areas now represented by Flintshire, Denbighshire and Wrexham councils.
- Was council official murdered to stop him revealing those linked to VIP paedophile ring? (video)
- The sheer scale of child sexual abuse in Britain – reblog of Nick Davies article
- An unamed MP is accused of applying pressure on Simon Danczuk to withhold child sex abuse evidence (video)
- A public inquiry into an establishment cover-up of non-recent child abuse is not a “stale ritual” (video)
- Home Office claims that the Leon Brittan paedophile dossier is “lost” are not credible (video)
- Bryn Estyn, Oxford, Rochdale and now Cyril Smith But Still No Public Inquiry (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Paedophile Neil Wilson’s Suspended Sentence Just Another In An “Endless Catalogue Of Insane Judgements By Male Judges Excusing Men Who Attack Women” (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Cameron’s a congo bongo if he thinks banning words will help to stop child abuse (video)
- Pulped Jillings Report Finally Published But Where’s The Public Inquiry? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- How the BBC has been instrumental in the rise of UKIP (video)
- In the thick of it at the UKIP carnival
- Finally! Nigel Farage’s vile views exposed by James O’Brien (Video)
- James O’Brien shows UKIP supporters why facts matter
- Shocking recording released of Nigel Farage’s first official complaint about his neighbours
- UKIP’s party election broadcast fact-checked and found (seriously) wanting
- Fruitcake or loony? Nigel Farage and UKIP get a kicking on Have I Got News For You
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester
- UKIP: lying about who makes the UK’s laws since 2009
- Iain Duncan Smith’s explosive row with LBC’s James O’Brien
- It’s not just UKIP members who are fruit loops, it’s their donors too!
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill-Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC (And The Daily Mail)
- How banks have hoodwinked you over high frequency trading
- The 24 hour news cycle gives us all heat but very little light
- Fox News hates the US constitution
- Eurosceptics & UKIP grateful for baby talk distraction as Tory review into EU powers comes up with ‘wrong’ answer (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Migration Myths (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Are You Stupid? What Has Happened To Rational Debate Over Immigration? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Are You Stupid? What Has Happened To Rational Debate Over Immigration? (Part Two)(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Faisal Islam’s (not) looking for answers (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- David Cameron let’s the cat out of the bag about Maria Miller
- Royal Mail privatisation – Vince Cable’s epic fail
- David Cameron and Theresa May have been hiding inconvenient ‘crimes’ and immigration statistics
- Evidence not ideology: The signal and the noise or lies, more lies, even more lies and government statistics
- Piers Morgan get it the f*ck together on transgender politics