I promised in a recent post (If Robert Peston thinks that it’s time to stop bashing the bankers he’s wrong) to show you that an innovative, stable and fully functional financial system that avoids regular (or any) crashes is possible. The United States (and consequently most of the industrialised world) has suffered 16 major financial meltdowns in the last 150 years but the Canadian banking system has avoided all of them. That’s right, not a single banking crisis in 150 years!
Due to copyright restrictions in order to watch the clip you need to type or copy and paste the password: imincorrigible
(Video © Comedy Central)
Nonetheless, the banks have managed to water down banking reforms in the US and (with the connivance of the Conservative party in the UK) the EU.
To add further insult to the hard-working taxpayers who have paid figuratively and literally to save the banks, various billionaire owned media groups and especially the disingenuous Fox News lie machine are now attempting a rewriting of the history of the banking crisis among their many inaccurate free market PR outpourings as you can see in this clip compiled by LiberalViewer.
Original post published 8 January 2014
- If Robert Peston thinks that it’s time to stop bashing the bankers he’s wrong (video)
- How Citigroup wrote the US budget and effectively repealed the Dodd-Frank bank reforms (video)
- What has Goldman Sachs got in common with the new version of the Monopoly board game?
- Investment Banks & Bankers: Too Big (Headed) To Jail
- How banks have hoodwinked you over high frequency trading
- Now it’s clear – the Royal Mail privatisation ripped-off the British people
- The Problem with Investment Banking (Part 1)
- The Tyranny of Private Gains and Public Losses
- The Problem with Investment Banking (Part 2)
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Right-wing ideology: “government should never interfere with the free market (except when it suits conservatives)”
- Where Are The British Daily Show And Colbert Report?
- RNC claim thirty-five thousand ‘possible’ cases of voter fraud justifies their racist reforms but they’re wrong (again)
- Biased US supreme court strengthens wealthy donors’ influence on political parties
- Supreme Court declares racism is dead in America…..but they forgot to tell Donald Sterling and Cliven Bundy…
- Thomas Piketty – Why we need a global wealth tax
- Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi! Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart on the 60 minutes gaff
- If you don’t like gays, don’t run a bed and breakfast
- The end of net neutrality is why everything that you enjoy on the internet is about to cost you more
- Gun Control Works and the Australian Experience Proves It
- NRA Conference Speakers Message To America: Fear Everything And Everyone
- The 24 hour news cycle gives us all heat but very little light
- Irrational Debate And A Misinformed Public: Wealth Inequality And Other Things We Don’t Have To Learn From America (Updated)
- Capitalism: serving God and Mammon?
- If you thought that 1,700 applications for 8 coffee shop jobs was bad you ain’t seen nothing yet!(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- James O’Brien shows UKIP supporters why facts matter
- “Murdoch’s World” and praising fox like you should! (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Lord Saatchi: Capitalism isn’t working (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Irrational Debate And A Misinformed Public: “Red Ed” – Is It Really Back To The Future? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- The “Rank Hypocrisy” Of Political Donations (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Truthiness: The Telegraph is guilty of lazy and biased journalism but, as ever, it’s all the fault of the BBC (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism