On 14 October, Labour MP Jim Hood used parliamentary privilege to accuse former Home Secretary Leon Brittan of ‘improper conduct with children’.
This ought to have been the final nail in the coffin of Fiona Woolf’s disgusting attempt to cling on to her position as chair of the Independent Panel Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse but, so far, neither Theresa May nor Ms. Woolf have deigned to bend to the demands of justice or the clear will of the public.
The Home Secretary’s shocking failure in mishandling the child abuse inquiry is a national disgrace. Shame on her. How can she explain that we are having to put up with these apparently planned delaying tactics? Why must the public wade through fatuous debates about whether the friend of an alleged Tory grandee paedophile should chair an inquiry into child sexual abuse?
Original video © BBC
If Theresa May had an iota of honour she would resign and allow a more competent minister to drive this inquiry forward – but no one is holding their breath for that outcome.
NSPCC http://www.nspcc.org.uk/ Tel: 0808 800 5000
The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) http://www.ceop.police.uk/ Telephone: +44 (0)870 000 3344 or 999 in an emergency
Support for adults recovering from childhood abuse is available here:
NAPAC http://www.napac.org.uk Freephone: 0808 801 0331
- Abuse survivors view the Woolf inquiry as merely a “cover-up of cover-ups” (spotlight blog) (video)
- Ed Miliband’s “condescending and evasive” response to calls for a national child abuse inquiry (spotlight blog) (video)
- Cyril Smith: the paedophile MP and the police and MI5 cover-up (Dispatches documentary) (video)
- Cliff Richard child abuse allegation: Police media tactics “subvert due process” (video)
- The sheer scale of child sexual abuse in Britain – reblog of Nick Davies article
- How much did government whips know about allegations of MP’s child abuse and where are the ‘dirt books’? (video)
- Former Tory minister accused of applying pressure on Simon Danczuk named as Edward Garnier (video)
- An unamed MP is accused of applying pressure on Simon Danczuk to withhold child sex abuse evidence (video)
- A public inquiry into an establishment cover-up of non-recent child abuse is not a “stale ritual” (video)
- Home Office claims that the Leon Brittan paedophile dossier is “lost” are not credible (video)
- Bryn Estyn, Oxford, Rochdale and now Cyril Smith but still no public inquiry (video)
- Cameron’s a congo bongo if he thinks banning words will help to stop child abuse (video)
- GOTCHA! Serial sex offender and paedophile Max Clifford jailed for just 8 years (video)
- The publication of the Rochdale child sex abuse report replaces the “culture of hopelessness” with the the more familiar culture of passing the buck (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Paedophile Neil Wilson’s Suspended Sentence Just Another In An “Endless Catalogue Of Insane Judgements By Male Judges Excusing Men Who Attack Women” (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Pulped Jillings Report Finally Published But Where’s The Public Inquiry? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Iain Duncan Smith’s DWP forcing jobseekers to use government website riddled with fraudulent job ads
- The facts don’t fit your prejudices? No problem. Be like Fox News and invent your own!
- How the fight against wealth inequality makes 99% of us Nazis
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester
- Obama: Judge, Jury & Executioner
- The end of net neutrality is why everything that you enjoy on the internet is about to cost you more
- When it comes to cuts, why are welfare benefits for the wealthy different to those for the poor?
- This is how a highly regulated banking system works and it is what global banking should look like
- Newsnight 6 Jan 2014: Conservative party double down on their war on the poor
- Fergus Wilson: This is what happens when welfare is withdrawn and unregulated scumbag landlords are allowed to dictate which of us deserves a home
- Capitalism serving God AND Mammon
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Chimps would have been more productive than the 113th do-nothing Congress
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? (Revised and updated) (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Update: Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? Part 2
- Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? Part 3
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism
- Proof Beyond Reason – For Eurosceptics Is There Any Amount of Evidence That Would Be Enough?