Charles Scott Napier, 67, whose brother John Whittingdale MP represents Maldon for the Conservative party, has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for his prolific abuse of children over at least two decades. Although the charges involved in this case relate to 23 boys that Napier abused whilst teaching, he is known to have, along with other paedophiles who formed part of his abuse network, raped hundreds of children.
It is for that reason that this blog deems an effective 6.5 year sentence to be unacceptably lenient. Abusers on the scale of Napier should expect nothing less than consecutive life sentences for crimes against so many children over such a prolonged period.
The following has been re-blogged from Spotlight On Abuse blog 24 Dec 2014 – video added separately.
Napier is an evil, calculating, manipulative paedophile. The charges he was found guilty of today were the tip of the iceberg for the scale of abuse he carried out over 40 years.
Video © Channel 4 / ITN / BBC
After being found guilty of abuse as early as 1972, Napier was placed on List 99 with the Department of Education and so should not have been allowed to teach again. However Peter Righton, an equally devious and prolific abuser, intervened.
As Director of Education at the National Institute for Social Work, Righton had become a prestigious and respected social work professional. (The National Institute for Social Work – NISW – was a provider of services aimed at achieving excellence in practice and management in social work and social care in the UK and past employees include Sir Peter Barclay – Author with Righton of the Barclay Report – Sir Williiam Utting – Author of the Utting Report – Daphne Statham – Director – Dame Denise Platt – Chair of the Commission for Social Care Inspection – Barbara Hearn OBE Panel member on Independent Inquiry 2014 )
Righton on headed NISW paper wrote to the Department of Education claiming he was a counsellor of convicted paedophiles ( in reality they were his close knit PIE friends ) and that he had counselled Napier to the point he was no longer a risk to children and could return to teaching.
He added in his letter to the D of Ed that to be doubly certain he ( Righton ) had sought a second opinion from a well known child psychiatrist who concurred with his expert opinion
The psychiatrist in question was Dr.Morris Fraser, another convicted paedophile and PIE member who wrote a supporting report on Great Ormond St headed note paper
This allowed Napier to embark on a new teaching career abroad employed by the British Council, founded by the UK Government in 1934. He was able ( by his own admission in a number of letters to Righton over many years ) to abuse countless number of boys in Sweden and Egypt over many years in the late 70’s through the 80’s until 1992 when the arrest of Righton and the discovery of these letters led to his ( Napier’s) immediate dismissal.
Napier and Righton ” shared ” a large number of victims, and offences,including rape, during the 80’s but never faced charges on any of the most serious cases of abuse. Many questions remain unanswered including who were Napier’s referees for his employment with the British Council.
Why was Righton allowed to reach the very top of the social work profession ( with posts at NISW and the National Children’s Bureau as stepping stones to positions as a Home Office/ Government “expert” on major reports ) despite being caught red handed abusing boys on a large scale in the 1950’s and writing quite openly in NISW and NCB journals, articles etc from 1971 onwards about his views that adult and child sexual relationships were not necessarily harmful.
In 1993 I spoke to 3 victims who refused to give evidence. One told me very convincingly that Napier took him to parties ” where he was introduced to the rich and famous ” and that Righton was involved in all these activities as well.
In court today Napier’ s Counsel stated that Napier was now full of remorse. I don’t believe he has shown one iota of remorse in an adulthood dedicated to the ruthless pursuit of vulnerable children purely to abuse sexually. As a true test of his new found “remorse ” he can now share with the Police all the names of the ” rich and famous ” who attended the parties his victims referred to.
As Treasurer of the Paedophile Information Exchange in its peak period of membership in the mid 70’s Napier holds the key to the identity of hundreds of dangerous abusers who continued to abuse thousands of children over many decades. He can now pass all this information to the Police as testament to his newly found regret and remorse.
National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) Freephone: 0808 801 0331
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP a National Crime Ageny Command)
Telephone: +44 (0)870 000 3344 or 999 in an emergency
- The ‘Bjorn tape’: The value of believing survivors’ allegations of sexual abuse, torture and murder (The Boy Business video)
- The sheer scale of child sexual abuse in Britain – reblog of Nick Davies article
- An open letter to Theresa May demanding a ‘fit for purpose’ child abuse inquiry (reblog from Spotlight on Abuse)
- Operation Midland could be the key to unlocking the MP’s child abuse scandal and this is what you need to know (video)
- Why this survivor believes that David Cameron fights for child abusers and not the abused (video)
- Paedophile pressure groups were allowed to lobby and infiltrate the Home Office (Spotlight On Abuse)
- Leon Brittan finally named in parliament as having engaged in ‘improper conduct with children’ (video)
- Cyril Smith: the paedophile MP and the police and MI5 cover-up (Dispatches documentary) (video)
- An unamed MP is accused of applying pressure on Simon Danczuk to withhold child sex abuse evidence (video)
- A public inquiry into an establishment cover-up of non-recent child abuse is not a “stale ritual” (video)
- Home Office claims that the Leon Brittan paedophile dossier is “lost” are not credible (video)
- Bryn Estyn, Oxford, Rochdale and now Cyril Smith but still no public inquiry (video)
- Cameron’s a congo bongo if he thinks banning words will help to stop child abuse (video)
- Cliff Richard child abuse allegation: Police media tactics “subvert due process” (video)
- GOTCHA! Serial sex offender and paedophile Max Clifford jailed for just 8 years (video)
- The publication of the Rochdale child sex abuse report replaces the “culture of hopelessness” with the the more familiar culture of passing the buck (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Paedophile Neil Wilson’s Suspended Sentence Just Another In An “Endless Catalogue Of Insane Judgements By Male Judges Excusing Men Who Attack Women” (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Pulped Jillings Report Finally Published But Where’s The Public Inquiry? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Iain Duncan Smith’s DWP forcing jobseekers to use government website riddled with fraudulent job ads
- The facts don’t fit your prejudices? No problem. Be like Fox News and invent your own!
- How the fight against wealth inequality makes 99% of us Nazis
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester
- Obama: Judge, Jury & Executioner
- The end of net neutrality is why everything that you enjoy on the internet is about to cost you more
- When it comes to cuts, why are welfare benefits for the wealthy different to those for the poor?
- This is how a highly regulated banking system works and it is what global banking should look like
- Newsnight 6 Jan 2014: Conservative party double down on their war on the poor
- Fergus Wilson: This is what happens when welfare is withdrawn and unregulated scumbag landlords are allowed to dictate which of us deserves a home
- Capitalism serving God AND Mammon
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Chimps would have been more productive than the 113th do-nothing Congress
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism
- Proof Beyond Reason – For Eurosceptics Is There Any Amount of Evidence That Would Be Enough?