As we all know, Fox lies. It is their brand. This is what makes Bill O’Reilly’s current war with truth somewhat unsurprising. On his show last night, Jon Stewart decided to celebrate Fox’s lying ways with a nifty little vine that races through 50 of those lies (it’s a bottomless resource, really) in just 6 seconds. “Plenty more where that came from,” Stewart said.
For the rest of the segment, Stewart makes an excellent case that truth is very far from the agenda on Fox and all of right-wing media. “They purport to want to fix things,” he said. “But conservatives are not looking to make education more rigorous and informative, or science more empirical or verifiable, or voting more representative, or the government more efficient or effective. They just want all those things to reinforce their partisan ideological conservative viewpoint. Because in their mind, the opposite of ‘bad’ isn’t ‘good.’ The opposite of ‘bad’ is ‘conservative.’ The opposite of ‘wrong’ isn’t ‘right’ — it’s ‘right-wing.’”
To watch the clip use the password: imincorrigible
Video © Comedy Central
- How groupthink is transforming (and destroying) our democracy (video)
- Fox News hates the US constitution
- Housing the homeless – yes the answer really is this simple
- How Citigroup wrote the US budget and effectively repealed the Dodd-Frank bank reforms (video)
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Regulation is why the Canadian banking system has had no financial crises in 150 years
- Irrational Debate And A Misinformed Public: Wealth Inequality
- What has Goldman Sachs got in common with the new version of the Monopoly board game?
- Right-wing ideology: “government should never interfere with the free market (except when it suits conservatives)”
- Where Are The British Daily Show And Colbert Report?
- J K Rowling knows that fair tax is the price we pay for civilisation
- RNC claim thirty-five thousand ‘possible’ cases of voter fraud justifies their racist reforms but they’re wrong (again)
- Biased US supreme court strengthens wealthy donors’ influence on political parties
- Supreme Court declares racism is dead in America…..but they forgot to tell Donald Sterling and Cliven Bundy…
- Thomas Piketty – Why we need a global wealth tax
- Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi! Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart on the 60 minutes gaff
- If you don’t like gays, don’t run a bed and breakfast
- The end of net neutrality is why everything that you enjoy on the internet is about to cost you more
- NRA Conference Speakers Message To America: Fear Everything And Everyone
- The 24 hour news cycle gives us all heat but very little light
- Capitalism: serving God and Mammon?
- If you thought that 1,700 applications for 8 coffee shop jobs was bad you ain’t seen nothing yet!(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- How banks have hoodwinked you over high frequency trading
- Gun Control Works and the Australian Experience Proves It
- Investment Banks & Bankers: Too Big (Headed) To Jail
- “Murdoch’s World” and praising fox like you should! (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism