Fox News pretends to be a news organization and revels in its use of the most Orwellian of straplines in global journalism – “Fair and Balanced”. As if that was not outlandish enough, Megyn Kelly now wants to know when someone is going to call her and her colleagues heroes for their biased reporting of world events…
“The Daily Show’sJon Stewart followed up on his segment from last week, where he took Fox “news” to task for the double standard when it comes to their screaming for accountability on Ferguson while refusing to hold themselves accountable for their Benghazi witch hunt.
Now, not only are they refusing to hold themselves accountable for their horrid job of pretending to be a “news” organization, host Megyn Kelly wants to know when someone is going to call her and some of the other hosts there “heroes” for defending Ferguson, Mo. officer Darren Wilson and for supposedly getting that story “right” (which someone should remind Jon Stewart that they didn’t).
“The great thing is, I get it now. Your network launched in 1996, you’re 18 years old,” he said. “Just like every 18-year-old, you have a massive ego and spend 24 hours a day jerking yourself off.”
Stewart showed footage of Fox host Megyn Kelly complaining that, unlike NBC’s Pete Williams, neither she nor her colleagues would be called “heroes” for defending Officer Darren Wilson’s actions in the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown.
“They got it right 3 times in 10 years — those are solar eclipse number, people!” Stewart said mockingly. “Which is why I think it’s recommended you only watch Fox through a tiny pinhole poked in a piece of cardboard. You can’t look directly at Fox — it would indelibly burn your soul.”
While Fox is “nothing but a rush to judgment in every situation,” Stewart said, Kelly complained about being ignored by other networks before saying that they didn’t care anyway.
While remaining unconvinced, Stewart not only brought Fox a whale-shaped cake honoring their “accomplishment.”
“You know why? We think you’re a whale of a network,” he said. “In that we’ve been chasing you our whole lives and just can’t kill you.”
To watch the clip use the password: imincorrigible
Video © Comedy Central
- The ugliness of Fox News and Megyn Kelly’s tsunami of bone headed ignorance (video)
- DOJ investigation proves racism is rampant in Ferguson police department (video)
- Fox News: Ferguson riots result of “racial arsonists” stoking a victim mentality in black America (video)
- How groupthink is transforming (and destroying) our democracy (video)
- Fox News hates the US constitution
- Housing the homeless – yes the answer really is this simple
- How Citigroup wrote the US budget and effectively repealed the Dodd-Frank bank reforms (video)
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Regulation is why the Canadian banking system has had no financial crises in 150 years
- Irrational Debate And A Misinformed Public: Wealth Inequality
- What has Goldman Sachs got in common with the new version of the Monopoly board game?
- Right-wing ideology: “government should never interfere with the free market (except when it suits conservatives)”
- Where Are The British Daily Show And Colbert Report?
- J K Rowling knows that fair tax is the price we pay for civilisation
- RNC claim thirty-five thousand ‘possible’ cases of voter fraud justifies their racist reforms but they’re wrong (again)
- Biased US supreme court strengthens wealthy donors’ influence on political parties
- Supreme Court declares racism is dead in America…..but they forgot to tell Donald Sterling and Cliven Bundy…
- Thomas Piketty – Why we need a global wealth tax
- Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi! Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart on the 60 minutes gaff
- If you don’t like gays, don’t run a bed and breakfast
- The end of net neutrality is why everything that you enjoy on the internet is about to cost you more
- NRA Conference Speakers Message To America: Fear Everything And Everyone
- The 24 hour news cycle gives us all heat but very little light
- Capitalism: serving God and Mammon?
- If you thought that 1,700 applications for 8 coffee shop jobs was bad you ain’t seen nothing yet!(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- How banks have hoodwinked you over high frequency trading
- Gun Control Works and the Australian Experience Proves It
- Investment Banks & Bankers: Too Big (Headed) To Jail
- “Murdoch’s World” and praising fox like you should! (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism