If you are a regular reader of this blog, you will be familiar with the Conservative party’s attempts to mislead the public about the nature and effect of their policies. You will also know that Lynton Crosby, Grant Shapps, Iain Duncan Smith, Theresa May and others have been caught on a number of occasions lying or withholding reports and have even been accused by the police of probable fraud. So it should not come as a surprise to learn that as well as lying about what they have been doing in government they are also trying to re-write history by ‘amending’ and deleting inconvenient information that has been available online.
Most recently, there has been the highly publicised ContribSX Wikipedia scandal in which Shapps has been accused of changing his and other leading Tory MPs entries on the site to his own advantage and their detriment. But did you know that Crosby had been found doing exactly the same thing 2 years ago and that the Conservative party deleted its entire online archive of speeches and announcements made by Cameron et al up to 2013?
This is all a long way from 2010 when Cameron promised that his would be the most transparent government in British history. one of the speeches deleted by Tory HQ was this one by Francis Maude from March 2010 on the subject of data transparency in which he promised that a Tory administration would make it easier for the public to scrutinise Cameron’s government.
“Absolutely crucial to our vision for the new Britain is data transparency. We are passionate about the genuinely transformative powers of free data…The era of closed shop government is over.”
Other speeches lost in the re-write include Cameron’s promise to increase spending on the NHS, the Tories intention to clean-up lobbying (the “next big scandal”), the abolition of the “surveillance state”, the promise to recruit thousands more nurses and so on so forth. Fortunately, Channel 4 News courtesy of the British Library) was able to salvage some of these items for posterity.
In a statement at the time, the Conservatives claimed the changes “allow people to quickly and easily access the most important information we provide” although, as you will see towards the end of the video, they told Russia Today a slightly different story.
The video begins with the Tory party’s attempt to crowd-out the Shapps story by rolling-out their most ‘popular’ Prime Minister of recent times the “man of the people” multi-millionaire John Major – a deception that, in leading the major TV news bulletins that night, appeared to work.
Original video clips © Channel 4 / BBC / Russia Today
- Vote for Michael Green (NOT Grant Shapps) GE2015 party election broadcast (video)
- Was council official murdered to stop him revealing those linked to VIP paedophile ring? (video)
- How groupthink is transforming (and destroying) our democracy (video)
- Leon Brittan was under “active and major” investigation by the Metropolitan police paedophile unit when he died (video)
- Whether it’s abuse, poverty or disability, we are all survivors and we are stronger together (video)
- The ‘Bjorn tape’: The value of believing survivors’ allegations of sexual abuse, torture and murder (The Boy Business video)The sheer scale of child sexual abuse in Britain – reblog of Nick Davies article
- Operation Midland could be the key to unlocking the MP’s child abuse scandal and this is what you need to know (video)
- Why this survivor believes that David Cameron fights for child abusers and not the abused (video)
- Paedophile pressure groups were allowed to lobby and infiltrate the Home Office (Spotlight On Abuse)
- Leon Brittan finally named in parliament as having engaged in ‘improper conduct with children’ (video)
- Cyril Smith: the paedophile MP and the police and MI5 cover-up (Dispatches documentary) (video)
- An unamed MP is accused of applying pressure on Simon Danczuk to withhold child sex abuse evidence (video)
- A public inquiry into an establishment cover-up of non-recent child abuse is not a “stale ritual” (video)
- Home Office claims that the Leon Brittan paedophile dossier is “lost” are not credible (video)
- Bryn Estyn, Oxford, Rochdale and now Cyril Smith but still no public inquiry (video)
- Cameron’s a congo bongo if he thinks banning words will help to stop child abuse (video)
- Cliff Richard child abuse allegation: Police media tactics “subvert due process” (video)
- GOTCHA! Serial sex offender and paedophile Max Clifford jailed for just 8 years (video)
- The publication of the Rochdale child sex abuse report replaces the “culture of hopelessness” with the the more familiar culture of passing the buck (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Pulped Jillings Report Finally Published But Where’s The Public Inquiry? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Iain Duncan Smith’s DWP forcing jobseekers to use government website riddled with fraudulent job ads
- How the fight against wealth inequality makes 99% of us Nazis
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester
- Obama: Judge, Jury & Executioner
- When it comes to cuts, why are welfare benefits for the wealthy different to those for the poor?
- This is how a highly regulated banking system works and it is what global banking should look like
- Newsnight 6 Jan 2014: Conservative party double down on their war on the poor
- Fergus Wilson: This is what happens when welfare is withdrawn and unregulated scumbag landlords are allowed to dictate which of us deserves a home
- Capitalism serving God AND Mammon
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Chimps would have been more productive than the 113th do-nothing Congress
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism
- Proof Beyond Reason – For Eurosceptics Is There Any Amount of Evidence That Would Be Enough?
- Raising the UK terror threat level from “be afraid” to “panic” feeds public fear and that is what the government wants (video)
- Will refusing to pay ransoms to Islamic State prevent further terrorism? (video)
- We all want peace and democracy in the Middle East and that’s why we sell them so many weapons – what could possibly go wrong? (video)
- Through the Israeli looking glass: where a peace treaty is really a “strategic terrorist attack” (video)
- An Israeli soldier’s story – Eran Efrati (video)
- The “rank hypocrisy” of political donations (video)
- The sheer scale of child sexual abuse in Britain – reblog of Nick Davies article
- How much did government whips know about allegations of MP’s child abuse and where are the ‘dirt books’? (video)