Being British means that, for most of my life, I have been able to share in that certain level of condescension that we have when it comes to our American cousins. You know the one. The one that sneered at G W Bush every time he garbled a sentence and more recently guffawed at the stupidity of a racist, moronic ‘President’ Trump (albeit with a slight shudder of fear).
And it was easy to do because Americans invariably considered anyone with an English accent as intelligent per se. No questions asked.
But not anymore.
As of last Thursday, the US has come to the realisation that the British accent is a con, we are (as they had suspected for some time) the inferior civilisation – the real racist morons – and now they can prove it too. But even worse than that, we have just made the nightmare of president Trump a plausible reality.
To watch the clip use the password: imincorrigible
Video © CBS / HBO / TBS /Comedy Central / Viacom
- John Oliver vents his spleen over UK’s Brexit vote (video)
- John Oliver destroys the case for a Brexit (video)
- Britain and the EU: For Richer For Poorer? (documentary video)
- Fact Check: how much does the UK actually pay to the EU? (The Conversation and Newsnight video)
- James O’Brien v Brexit’s happy morons shutting down Obama’s free speech (video)
- How Brexit could hurt UK-US trade (The Conversation and video)
- Why pulling out of the EU won’t give Britain complete control over its affairs
- Eurosceptics & UKIP grateful for baby talk distraction as Tory review into EU powers comes up with ‘wrong’ answer
- At last, John Oliver dissects Trump’s dangerous kind of craziness (video)
- John Oliver does piggate (video)
- Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn: Parallel lines (full length video)
- Jon Stewart to Fox News: Your hypocrisy isn’t a bug in the Fox model, it’s the feature! (video)
- Donald Trump attacks GOP presidential candidates for suckling at the Koch brothers’ money teat (video)
- Louise Mensch – the gaffe prone gift to social media that keeps on giving
- What does sex education in American schools look like? (Jon Oliver) (video)
- Christian conservative parents and the virulent question of sex education in school (video)
- Jon Stewart’s full extended interview with President Barack Obama (video)
- Ricky Gervais’ prediction of the Samuel L Jackson racism incident was spookily accurate
- “This is a terrorist attack” Jon Stewart’s powerful monologue on the Charleston race murders (video)
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart unpacks the UK general election Part 2 (video)
- James O’Brien’s only making plans for Nigel (or when is toast not toast?) (video)
- Jon Stewart: Hillary Clinton’s donations and diarrhoea (video)
- The ugliness of Fox News and Megyn Kelly’s tsunami of bone headed ignorance (video)
- DOJ investigation proves racism is rampant in Ferguson police department (video)
- Fox News: Ferguson riots result of “racial arsonists” stoking a victim mentality in black America (video)
- How groupthink is transforming (and destroying) our democracy (video)
- Fox News hates the US constitution
- Housing the homeless – yes the answer really is this simple
- How Citigroup wrote the US budget and effectively repealed the Dodd-Frank bank reforms (video)
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Regulation is why the Canadian banking system has had no financial crises in 150 years
- Irrational Debate And A Misinformed Public: Wealth Inequality
- What has Goldman Sachs got in common with the new version of the Monopoly board game?
- Right-wing ideology: “government should never interfere with the free market (except when it suits conservatives)”
- Where Are The British Daily Show And Colbert Report?
- J K Rowling knows that fair tax is the price we pay for civilisation
- RNC claim thirty-five thousand ‘possible’ cases of voter fraud justifies their racist reforms but they’re wrong (again)
- Biased US supreme court strengthens wealthy donors’ influence on political parties
- Supreme Court declares racism is dead in America…..but they forgot to tell Donald Sterling and Cliven Bundy…
- Thomas Piketty – Why we need a global wealth tax
- Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi! Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart on the 60 minutes gaff
- If you don’t like gays, don’t run a bed and breakfast
- The end of net neutrality is why everything that you enjoy on the internet is about to cost you more
- NRA Conference Speakers Message To America: Fear Everything And Everyone
- The 24 hour news cycle gives us all heat but very little light
- Capitalism: serving God and Mammon?
- If you thought that 1,700 applications for 8 coffee shop jobs was bad you ain’t seen nothing yet!(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- How banks have hoodwinked you over high frequency trading
- Gun Control Works and the Australian Experience Proves It
- Investment Banks & Bankers: Too Big (Headed) To Jail
- “Murdoch’s World” and praising fox like you should! (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism