It looks as though Hillary Clinton will escape the State Department email scandal without being indicted, but she did not escape comedian Trevor Noah Tuesday without taking a few shots.
In a press conference led by FBI Director James Comey Tuesday, the FBI recommended that no charges be filed against the former secretary of state despite her “extremely careless” actions in sharing classified information via a personal email account.
On Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” Tuesday night, Noah broke down the latest development in the never-ending scandal.
Noah compared Comey’s press conference to a reality TV competition results show since Comey claimed he had not disclosed the FBI’s recommendation to any other department of government prior to the press conference.
“He [Ryan] Seacrest-ed the whole thing,” joked Noah, imitating Comey tossing the press conference to a commercial break. “And the charges will or will not be announced… right after this.”
Noah listed the consequences the FBI’s decision could have had for Clinton, including possible prison time. He noted that Comey’s posturing before revealing the FBI’s findings must have been a tense moment for the presumptive Democratic nominee.
“There is no campaign after this if she you are indicted. There is no first female president,” Noah said. “The only place you’d be giving a speech is from cell block D.”
Noah said that Democrats’ relief that Clinton will likely not be indicted is a testament to what an unconventional election cycle 2016 has turned out to be.
“That is where your election has gotten to now, when the good news is that one of your presidential candidates — the rational one, by the way — is not going to jail (at this time),” said Noah. “Not being indicted should never be your good news. You are running for president, not the coolest dude in the barbershop.”
With Hillary in, to put it politely, a bit of a pickle, it was a perfect moment for Trump to take advantage and emphasise Clinton’s biggest electoral problem – the perception of her dishonesty, but did he?
Video © Comedy Central / Viacom
- Trump tells world “I’m my own adviser” as he retweets racist tweets (video)
- John Oliver vents his spleen over UK’s Brexit vote (video)
- Stephen Colbert decodes the riddle of Trump and the words “radical Islam” (video)
- John Oliver on racist Trump and his fake university (video)
- Seth Myers on Trump’s racism and attacks on press freedom (video)
- Donald Trump the conspiracy theoretician (video)
- Bill Maher feels the Bern and dumps on Trump (video)
- Stephen Colbert warns Bernie voters about a split vote and what kids think about the presidential race (video)
- Donald Trump the conspiracy theoretician (video)
- James O’Brien and satire v Donald Trump’s vile and violent voters (video)
- James O’Brien v Eurosceptics (audio)
- Why pulling out of the EU won’t give Britain complete control over its affairs
- John Oliver destroys Syrian “terrorists posing as refugees” hypocrisy (video)
- Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn: Parallel lines (full length video)
- The Beeb, the bias and the bashing (The Conversation)
- James O’Brien’s only making plans for Nigel (or when is toast not toast?) (video)
- Breitbart News: craven political hatchet men…..(corrected) (video)
- Iain Duncan Smith’s explosive row with LBC’s James O’Brien
- The sheer scale of child sexual abuse in Britain – reblog of Nick Davies article
- Emily Maitlis’ surgical strikes blow Mark Regev’s defence of Israel’s attack on a UN school out of the water (video)
- An Israeli soldier’s story – Eran Efrati (video)
- Lynton Crosby’s Tory spin machine is a cancer at the heart of the British government (video)
- If you have done nothing wrong you have EVERYTHING to fear: secrecy, surveillance, the IPT and RIPA (video)
- J K Rowling knows that fair tax is the price we pay for civilisation (video)
- Iain Duncan Smith’s Tinker Bell statistics (video)
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill-Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC (And The Daily Mail)
- Eurosceptics & UKIP grateful for baby talk distraction as Tory review into EU powers comes up with ‘wrong’ answer (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Audio Clip from BBC Radio 4 ‘More or Less’ confirming UKIP ‘lies about the EU being responsible for 75% of UK legislation
- The Facts, the Myths and the Framing of Immigration (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Migration Myths (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Are You Stupid? What Has Happened To Rational Debate Over Immigration? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Are You Stupid? What Has Happened To Rational Debate Over Immigration? (Part Two)(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Faisal Islam’s (not) looking for answers (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- David Cameron let’s the cat out of the bag about Maria Miller
- Royal Mail privatisation – Vince Cable’s epic fail
- David Cameron and Theresa May have been hiding inconvenient ‘crimes’ and immigration statistics
- Evidence not ideology: The signal and the noise or lies, more lies, even more lies and government statistics
- Piers Morgan get it the f*ck together on transgender politics
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester