“Donald Trump versus Hilary Clinton is on. It’s shaping up to be the most vicious, divisive election in living memory. Continuing to stoke outrage and controversy and behind in the polls Matt Frei asks if Donald Trump can really make it all the way to the White House.
In effort to stop what appears to be a faltering campaign and head of the much anticipated presidential TV debates next month, Trump has shaken up his campaign team.
Interview with Trump’s newly appointed Campaign Manager, Kellyanne Conway:
Talks of the hidden Trump vote and comparisons to Brexit.
KC Our internal polling is proprietary and confidential so I won’t discuss it… Two things I’ll tell you about polling that are very unique to Donald Trump. One is that Donald Trump performs consistently better in online polling where a human being is not talking to another human being about what he or she may do in elections.
Matt Why is that?
KC It’s because it’s become socially desirable especially if you’re a college education person in the USA to say that you’re against Donald Trump… The hidden Trump vote in this country is a very significant proposition…
Matt In Britain we had a vote recently about Europe and the media, the pollsters got it spectacularly wrong – Brexit won. Do you think something similar could happen here?
KC Yes, everybody who was looking at this calmly and objectively thinks that … I think if the elites – what I call the wrist-flickers – are just dismissing that – oh Donald Trump can never be president, oh Brexit is so – it’s just for these unwashed rubes, these hillbillies with no teeth and long hair. I mean that’s just unfair.”
…reveals a secret “undercover Trump vote” project / poll the campaign is doing internally
KC it’s a project we’re doing internally, I call it the “undercover Trump voter”, but its real and I think that if you go around this country and you talk to people you see it’s real as well.
Says distrust of Hilary outweighs the distaste for Trump
KC …..Distrust of her far outweighs distaste for him right now. Can it reach parity perhaps but it’s – there’s such a significant delta that you don’t see if you just look at unfavourable numbers or ballot test numbers. You really have to push people as to why let them open up in open end fashion. What was the most negative thing you could say about Donald Trump, what’s the most negative feeling you have about Hillary Clinton?
KC “….her husband’s problem was that he had casual relationships with other women. Hillary’s problem is she has a casual relationship with the truth”
Says Trump will forgive the UK for the petition calling for him to be banned and says the special relationship will be improved
KC “I don’t know if it was publicity so much as a failed attempt to try and exclude someone from entering your country but he’ll forgive you once he’s president and he’ll work with the UK the way he’ll work with allies around the globe”.
Trump’s Campaign accounts:
Overall Trump raised $91 million during the primary season of the campaign, and of that he himself contributed $47 million, just half.
When you examine the expenses in detail and you discover a few things that you perhaps hadn’t expected:
- The Trump plane, $5.1 million, the recipient TAG Air inc. And guess who owns TAG Air. Donald Trump owns TAG Air.
- £420,000 for the use of Mar A Lago, his luxury resort in southern Florida.
- Half a million dollars for Trump Towers, the campaign headquarters.
These products and services add up to just over six million dollars, but rises to just under $11 million if you include the money he has spent on hats and t-shirts from Ace Specialties, a company owned by a board member of son Eric Trump’s charitable foundation.
To sum it up, the candidate, Donald J Trump, who prides himself on funding his own campaign, has also been sending money back to his own coffers to the tune of $11 million during the campaign. Now that’s the art of the deal.
Kenneth Gross, Campaign finance attorney
Matt A lot of the companies that he is paying like, a plane, the T shirts, the posters, these are companies owned by him.
Ken Yeah, isn’t that nice. We’ve never seen this before.
Matt Is that a problem, is that a conflict of interest – do people mind.
Ken I think it might be politically, people might say you know what’s up with that? But legally it’s fine.
Experts continue to predict the Trump insurgency is doomed to crash and burn – but then they said the same about Brexit. A Trump America could well be a reality.”
Video © ITN for Channel 4
President Trump: Can He Really Win? Broadcast on Tuesday 23rd August, 9pm, Channel 4
Producer/Director: Richard Sander & Dimitri Collingridge
Executive Producer: Chris Shaw
Production Co: ITN Productions
- Trump watch: surrogates, extreme vetting, and John Oliver has some advice for Donald Trump (video)
- John Oliver signs-up to be a Trump “election observer” (video)
- Trump watch: tax cuts for the rich, gerrymandering, death threats and morons with Trevor Noah and Larry Wilmore (video)
- Trump watch: veterans, draft dodging, nukes, and babygate (Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart and Bill Maher video)
- North Carolina voter ID laws, RNC and DNC review with John Oliver (video)
- DNC in Philly day four: Hillary bites back with Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah & Bill Maher (video)
- DNC in Philly day three: Obama, Biden and Trump invites Russian hacking with Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah (video)
- John Oliver on the RNC: bringing feelings to a fact fight (video)
- Republicans hit Cleveland final day: Trumpageddon (video)
- Republicans hit Cleveland: Day two with Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah (video)
- Republicans hit Cleveland: Day one with Samantha Bee (video)
- Trump’s Angry America meets Brexit’s Racist Britain (video)
- Bill Maher battles Frank Luntz and why are Trump’s kids running his campaign? (video)
- Trump tells world “I’m my own adviser” as he retweets racist tweets (video)
- Trump too busy to take advantage of Hillary’s email farrago (video)
- John Oliver vents his spleen over UK’s Brexit vote (video)
- Stephen Colbert decodes the riddle of Trump and the words “radical Islam” (video)
- John Oliver on racist Trump and his fake university (video)
- Seth Myers on Trump’s racism and attacks on press freedom (video)
- Donald Trump the conspiracy theoretician (video)
- James O’Brien and satire v Donald Trump’s vile and violent voters (video)
- Meet Ted Cruz: religion, hookers, voter fraud and hated by his own party, what’s not to like? (video)
- Meet John Kasich the ‘moderate’ Republican candidate (video)
- John Oliver explores Donald Trump’s big, dumb, crazy wall (video)
- John Oliver destroys Syrian “terrorists posing as refugees” hypocrisy (video)
- Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn: Parallel lines (full length video)
- The Beeb, the bias and the bashing (The Conversation)
- James O’Brien’s only making plans for Nigel (or when is toast not toast?) (video)
- Breitbart News: craven political hatchet men…..(corrected) (video)
- Iain Duncan Smith’s explosive row with LBC’s James O’Brien
- The sheer scale of child sexual abuse in Britain – reblog of Nick Davies article
- Emily Maitlis’ surgical strikes blow Mark Regev’s defence of Israel’s attack on a UN school out of the water (video)
- An Israeli soldier’s story – Eran Efrati (video)
- Lynton Crosby’s Tory spin machine is a cancer at the heart of the British government (video)
- If you have done nothing wrong you have EVERYTHING to fear: secrecy, surveillance, the IPT and RIPA (video)
- J K Rowling knows that fair tax is the price we pay for civilisation (video)
- Iain Duncan Smith’s Tinker Bell statistics (video)
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill-Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC (And The Daily Mail)
- Eurosceptics & UKIP grateful for baby talk distraction as Tory review into EU powers comes up with ‘wrong’ answer (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Audio Clip from BBC Radio 4 ‘More or Less’ confirming UKIP ‘lies about the EU being responsible for 75% of UK legislation
- The Facts, the Myths and the Framing of Immigration (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Migration Myths (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Are You Stupid? What Has Happened To Rational Debate Over Immigration? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Are You Stupid? What Has Happened To Rational Debate Over Immigration? (Part Two)(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Faisal Islam’s (not) looking for answers (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- David Cameron let’s the cat out of the bag about Maria Miller
- Royal Mail privatisation – Vince Cable’s epic fail
- David Cameron and Theresa May have been hiding inconvenient ‘crimes’ and immigration statistics
- Evidence not ideology: The signal and the noise or lies, more lies, even more lies and government statistics
- Piers Morgan get it the f*ck together on transgender politics
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester