John Oliver gives a 20 minute forensic examination of Donald Trump’s and Hillary Clinton’s scandals that have dominated headlines during the 2016 election. For him, one of them is “quantifiably worse.” “The point is, this campaign has been dominated by scandals, … Continue reading
It is now almost certain that Bernie Sanders will lose the Democratic nomination for US president. Hillary Clinton is way ahead of Bernie on delegates and could gallop over the winning line at the next primary, she is also almost … Continue reading
“At the end of a seismic week for the Republicans, Donald Trump now looks the most likely contender to be the party’s candidate for the next president of the United States. Among his big boasts is that he is a … Continue reading
The Daily Show railed into U.S. gun culture challenging the frequently espoused talking point that “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is good guys with a gun.” Daily Show correspondent Jordan Klepper sets out to go “from gun idiot to … Continue reading
Fort Lauderdale police are finally cracking down on the city’s notoriously destructive ministers and charitable volunteers: Fort Lauderdale police charged three men — including two pastors and a 90-year-old man — for feeding the homeless in public on Sunday, the … Continue reading
Last June, in a move heavily criticised by civil rights groups, the US Supreme Court struck down some of the key elements of the 1965 Voting Rights Act that were designed to protect the poor and ethnic minority voters from being disenfranchised. To watch … Continue reading
Last June, in a move heavily criticised by civil rights groups, the US Supreme Court struck down some of the key elements of the 1965 Voting Rights Act that were designed to protect the poor and ethnic minority voters from being disenfranchised. As a … Continue reading
The Trayvon Martin verdict is shocking and depressing (a timeline of events from CNN is reproduced towards the end of this post*). The system worked as it was supposed to and that is something that should shame the gun loving … Continue reading
Fox host Chris Wallace continued Fox’s misguided focus on black crime rates following the acquittal of George Zimmerman, leaving out critical historical context to black crime and the perception of black violence. Due to copyright restrictions in order to watch the clip you need to type … Continue reading
A jury in Jacksonville on Saturday found Michael Dunn guilty of attempted second-degree murder for opening fire on three other teens in the same SUV as Jordan Davis who was shot and killed at the wheel — but deadlocked on the murder charge against him in Davis’ death.
Due to copyright restrictions in order to watch the clip you need to type or copy and paste the password: imincorrigible
Original video © Comedy Central
Prosecutors had argued that Dunn recklessly shot at the teens after complaining about the volume of their music in a convenience store parking lot. Three of his 10 shots struck Davis, one of them cutting through his liver, a lung and his aorta.
Dunn testified that Davis threatened him and that he thought he saw a gun sticking out of the Dodge Durango. But Ron Davis said his son was a good kid and didn’t deserve to be collateral damage in an argument over loud music. McBath said she was happy for a little bit of closure.
“It’s sad for Mr. Dunn that he will live the rest of his life in that sense of torment, and I will pray for him,” McBath said. “And I have asked my family to pray for him, but we are so grateful for the charges that have been brought against him. We are so grateful for the truth.”
And moments before prosecutor Angela Corey said she would seek a new trial on the murder charge, McBath said she and her ex-husband will continue to stand up for their son, who was 17 when he was killed.
CNN February 2014
- Piers Morgan get it the f*ck together on transgender politics
- Iain Duncan Smith’s DWP forcing jobseekers to use government website riddled with fraudulent job ads
- The facts don’t fit your prejudices? No problem. Be like Fox News and invent your own!
- How the fight against wealth inequality makes 99% of us Nazis
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester
- Obama: Judge, Jury & Executioner
- The end of net neutrality is why everything that you enjoy on the internet is about to cost you more
- When it comes to cuts, why are welfare benefits for the wealthy different to those for the poor?
- This is how a highly regulated banking system works and it is what global banking should look like
- Newsnight 6 Jan 2014: Conservative party double down on their war on the poor
- Fergus Wilson: This is what happens when welfare is withdrawn and unregulated scumbag landlords are allowed to dictate which of us deserves a home
- Capitalism serving God AND Mammon
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Chimps would have been more productive than the 113th do-nothing Congress
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? (Revised and updated) (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Update: Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? Part 2
- Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? Part 3
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism
- Proof Beyond Reason – For Eurosceptics Is There Any Amount of Evidence That Would Be Enough?
President Obama made a few “impromptu remarks” a week or so ago following the controversial verdict that saw black teenager Trayvon Martin‘s caucasian killer acquitted in Florida. As you can hear on the video, his comments were considered, reflective and looked to … Continue reading