The recent publication of the Department of Justice report into racism in the Ferguson police force and Fox News’ ridiculously partisan reporting of it reminded me of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert’s assessment of the Fox take on the riots … Continue reading
Tag Archives: police brutality
Why are there no reliable statistics for police shootings of civilians in the United States? (video)
As Officer Darren Wilson does the media circuit explaining that we should be feeling sorry for him rather than the unarmed man that he shot and killed with multiple rounds and the St. Louis prosecutor strains every sinew to ‘explain’ how … Continue reading
Jon Stewart on Micheal Dunn and Florida’s racist laws
A jury in Jacksonville on Saturday found Michael Dunn guilty of attempted second-degree murder for opening fire on three other teens in the same SUV as Jordan Davis who was shot and killed at the wheel — but deadlocked on the murder charge against him in Davis’ death.
Due to copyright restrictions in order to watch the clip you need to type or copy and paste the password: imincorrigible
Original video © Comedy Central
Prosecutors had argued that Dunn recklessly shot at the teens after complaining about the volume of their music in a convenience store parking lot. Three of his 10 shots struck Davis, one of them cutting through his liver, a lung and his aorta.
Dunn testified that Davis threatened him and that he thought he saw a gun sticking out of the Dodge Durango. But Ron Davis said his son was a good kid and didn’t deserve to be collateral damage in an argument over loud music. McBath said she was happy for a little bit of closure.
“It’s sad for Mr. Dunn that he will live the rest of his life in that sense of torment, and I will pray for him,” McBath said. “And I have asked my family to pray for him, but we are so grateful for the charges that have been brought against him. We are so grateful for the truth.”
And moments before prosecutor Angela Corey said she would seek a new trial on the murder charge, McBath said she and her ex-husband will continue to stand up for their son, who was 17 when he was killed.
CNN February 2014
- Piers Morgan get it the f*ck together on transgender politics
- Iain Duncan Smith’s DWP forcing jobseekers to use government website riddled with fraudulent job ads
- The facts don’t fit your prejudices? No problem. Be like Fox News and invent your own!
- How the fight against wealth inequality makes 99% of us Nazis
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester
- Obama: Judge, Jury & Executioner
- The end of net neutrality is why everything that you enjoy on the internet is about to cost you more
- When it comes to cuts, why are welfare benefits for the wealthy different to those for the poor?
- This is how a highly regulated banking system works and it is what global banking should look like
- Newsnight 6 Jan 2014: Conservative party double down on their war on the poor
- Fergus Wilson: This is what happens when welfare is withdrawn and unregulated scumbag landlords are allowed to dictate which of us deserves a home
- Capitalism serving God AND Mammon
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime
- Chimps would have been more productive than the 113th do-nothing Congress
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? (Revised and updated) (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Update: Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? Part 2
- Do you want the truth from your government or just what a minister believes to be true? Part 3
- Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism
- Proof Beyond Reason – For Eurosceptics Is There Any Amount of Evidence That Would Be Enough?