It’s just more government assistance;
- Minimum wage jobs are supposed to suck; and
- If the minimum wage is that good why not raise it to $100,000 an hour;
“I know that you’re going to give us the emotional side of the story, people need $15.00 an hour to live on they’re starving without it. OK I got that. I want to ask you about the economics of it.”
Due to copyright restrictions in order to watch the clip you need to type or copy and paste the password: imincorrigible
Video © Comedy Central)
Pope Francis recently criticised capitalism and argued that it does not work for the benefit of all humanity. Indeed, he called “unfettered capitalism” the “new tyranny.” This has not gone down well with the world’s plutocrats and they have made their anger known through the various media groups that a number of them own.
On 30 December, CNBC published an interview with the billionaire founder of the Home Depot, Ken Langone in which he effectively issued a blackmail threat to Francis. As reported on the Examiner website, Langone said, should the pope continue to criticise the rich and rampant income inequality, the rich would stop giving to charitable causes.
Mr. Langone [who is a major donor to the Republican party] described the Pope’s comments about a “culture of prosperity” as “exclusionary” statements that may make some of the rich “incapable of feeling compassion for the poor.”
A number of people, from Republican Sen. John McCain to conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh, have weighed in on Francis’ statements, with the latter calling it “pure Marxism.” Examiner 1 January 2014
Langone’s threat is proof positive, if indeed proof was ever needed, that relying on the whims of a few ‘philanthropic’ wealthy individuals to provide a ‘social safety net’ rather than a government organised welfare system underpinned by taxation is simply not an option.
Video © Comedy Central
Back at billionaire Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News, good Christian Varney says that he is disappointed that the pope has criticised so-called trickle down economics. He does not think that the pope should be engaging in politics. Similarly, “devotional” catholic convert, Larry Kudlow on CNBC claims that capitalism is on the “right side” of the Lord and that it is possible to serve God and be a committed capitalist.
But who said that you cannot serve both God and money?
…errr… apparently it was this guy…..
- How Citigroup wrote the US budget and effectively repealed the Dodd-Frank bank reforms (video)
- In 2015, whether it’s abuse, poverty or disability, we are all survivors and we are stronger together (video)
- “A million ways to die in the US” and Republicans aren’t interested in preventing any of them (video)
- Fox News hates the US constitution
- Wealth inequality madness: tax policy is made by the few for the few at the expense (and with the support) of the many (video)
- Wealth inequality and other things we don’t have to learn from America
- If you thought that 1,700 applications for 8 coffee shop jobs was bad you aint seen nothing yet!(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- NRA Conference Speakers Message To America: Fear Everything And Everyone(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- If you don’t like gays, don’t run a bed and breakfast (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Corporations are legally defined as people except when they commit a crime (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Chimps would have been more productive than the 113th do-nothing Congress (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Now Amazon’s involved in the drone wars!(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Drones will be used to enforce ObamaCare….apparently (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Richard Cohen Washington Post columnist: Is it still racist homophobia if it’s in brackets? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Bill O’Reilly: God’s Holy Profit (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi! Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart on the 60 minutes gaff (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)#
- “Murdoch’s World” and praising Fox like you should! (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- If Robert Peston thinks that it’s time to stop bashing the bankers he’s wrong
- Investment Banks & Bankers: Too Big (Headed) To Jail
- Now it’s clear – the Royal Mail privatisation ripped-off the British people
- The Problem with Investment Banking (Part 1)(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- The Problem with Investment Banking (Part 2)
- What Has Goldman Sachs Got In Common With The New Monopoly Board Game? John Oliver Has The Answer
- The Tyranny of Private Gains and Public Losses