In a cock-up that could have come straight from the pen of Armando Iannucci, UKIP held a carnival in Croydon to try and maintain the pretence that they are not a racist party. Farage bottled it again, apparently fearing that a few ‘Romanian’ women were endangering his safety.
Video © Channel 4 / ITN
The carnival was hosted in the first instance by UKIP’s Winston McKenzie who claims that it is “child abuse” to allow same-sex couples to adopt.
Winston McKenzie, the party’s culture, media and sport spokesman who is standing in the Croydon North by-election on Thursday, told the Metro newspaper: “To say to a child, ‘I am having you adopted by two men who kiss regularly but don’t worry about it’ – that is abuse. It is a violation of a child’s human rights because that child has no opportunity to grow up under normal circumstances. A caring loving home is a heterosexual or single family. I don’t believe [a gay couple] is healthy for a child.”
He expanded on the point in the Croydon Advertiser. “If you couldn’t look after your child and you had to put them up for adoption, would you honestly want your child to be adopted by a gay couple?”, he asked a reporter. “Would you seriously want that or a heterosexual family? Which would be more healthy for the child?”
UKIP certainly know how to self-satirise!
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts” Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan If you want to know the objective facts about the EU, you can download the Regents report here: The UK & Europe: Costs, Benefits, Options Regents Report 2013. this is what The Observer said about the report back in November:
Subtitled The Regent’s Report 2013, the 237-page document is going to be useful to all sides if we do have to go through what I myself regard as an unnecessary and time-wasting referendum on our membership of the European Union.
For a group of authors who are largely pro-European – and some, even now, pro-eurozone – they have produced a remarkably balanced document, with the emphasis on – wait for it – facts. There is plenty of acknowledgement of the tiresome aspects of the EU, and among a plethora of statistics, some obvious ones stand out.
These will not be new to students of the EU, but you can be sure they will not be highlighted by the anti-Europe brigade – many of whom have very nice houses in France, Spain, Italy and other parts of the EU. Suffice it to repeat here that, for all the fuss made by the anti-European press and Ukip, the entire “Brussels budget” amounts to 1% of EU gross domestic product.
Confusion can be worse confounded when it comes to facts. With economic statistics, we are often talking about estimates rather than facts. I have never found any evidence that Keynes made the remark often attributed to him: “When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?”
The explanation is simple: Keynes was far too intelligent to believe that facts could change. Facts are facts. Circumstances can change, and new information or more refined calculation can alter previous estimates.
William Keegan writing in The Observer 3 November 2013
- Finally! Nigel Farage’s vile views exposed by James O’Brien (Video)
- Even Farage’s ‘apology’ misrepresents facts and makes more racist slurs
- How the BBC has been instrumental in the rise of UKIP
- Shocking recording released of Nigel Farage’s first official complaint about his neighbours
- It’s not just UKIP members who are fruit loops, it’s their donors too!
- James O’Brien shows UKIP supporters why facts matter
- Iain Duncan Smith’s explosive row with LBC’s James O’Brien
- ‘Matt’ from York is Ill-Informed and Angry but I Don’t Blame Him I Blame the BBC (And The Daily Mail)
- How banks have hoodwinked you over high frequency trading
- The 24 hour news cycle gives us all heat but very little light
- Fox News hates the US constitution
- Eurosceptics & UKIP grateful for baby talk distraction as Tory review into EU powers comes up with ‘wrong’ answer (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Audio Clip from BBC Radio 4 ‘More or Less’ confirming UKIP ‘lies about the EU being responsible for 75% of UK legislation
- The Facts, the Myths and the Framing of Immigration (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Migration Myths (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Are You Stupid? What Has Happened To Rational Debate Over Immigration? (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Are You Stupid? What Has Happened To Rational Debate Over Immigration? (Part Two)(imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- Faisal Islam’s (not) looking for answers (imincorrigible.wordpress.com)
- David Cameron let’s the cat out of the bag about Maria Miller
- Royal Mail privatisation – Vince Cable’s epic fail
- David Cameron and Theresa May have been hiding inconvenient ‘crimes’ and immigration statistics
- Evidence not ideology: The signal and the noise or lies, more lies, even more lies and government statistics
- Piers Morgan get it the f*ck together on transgender politics
- UKIP Fruit Loops (An Occasional Series): No.2 David Silvester